1. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Rules apply at all times car
is on track. Snell-rated SA95 or SA2000 helmet required. Roll bar padding
required in driver compartment (Fire retardant recommended). SFI-approved full
fire suit, fire retardant neck brace, gloves and shoes required. Fire
extinguisher or fire system must be installed. Recommended: Fire retardant head
sock and underwear; head and neck restraints; collapsible steering shaft.
Driver-side window net required, minimum 16"x20" ribbon or mesh style,
and must be mounted so latch is at top front of window. Minimum three-inch wide
five-point safety belt assembly required, must be mounted securely to roll cage,
recommended to be no more than one-year-old. Kill switch required within easy
reach of driver and must be clearly marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.
2. FRAME: OEM complete, perimeter American rear-wheel drive passenger car frame only. No sports car frames. Frame must be full and complete, cannot be widened or narrowed, and must be able to support roll cage on both sides, except: weight jack in original center line of spring tower allowed; frame may be cut at rear of bell housing, after that may be replaced with two-inch by three-inch steel tubing with .095-inch wall thickness; front crossmember may be notched and boxed for radiator and/or steering clearance; Maximum two-inch wide by four-inch tall frame stiffener may be welded directly to outside of left side frame rail. Minimum wheelbase 106 inches, maximum 112 inches, both sides. Maximum overall width (front or rear) shall not exceed 78 inches from outside of tire to outside of tire. For cars using OEM rear suspension design, rear of frame behind rear tires, from a point no further forward than one inch behind factory seam, may be replaced with two-inch by three-inch steel tubing with .095-inch wall thickness. No part of frame can be lower than four inches from ground except front crossmember.
3. ROLL CAGE: Must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.50-inch O.D. tubing, with a minimum wall thickness of.095-inch for main cage, frame-mounted in at least six places, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Must consist of a configuration of front, rear and top hoops connected by tubing on sides or side hoops. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced with minimum one cross bar in top halo. Foot protection bar required. Main cage no further forward than rear of engine. All bars forward of cage must be lower than hood.
4. DOOR BARS: All driver side door bars and uprights must be minimum 1.5-inch O.D. and .083-inch wall thickness. Minimum three driver side door bars, parallel to ground and perpendicular to driver, and welded to front and rear of roll cage. Passenger side must have at least one cross door bar, horizontal or angled, minimum 1.25-inch O.D. and .083-inch wall thickness, and one top door bar, minimum 1.5-inch O.D. and .083-inch wall thickness. Steel door plate, 18 gauge or .049-inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of driver side door bars and cover area from top door bar to bottom door bar and from rear hoop down-post to 5-inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
5. BODY: Brand of body (nose and body sides) must match brand of engine. Must be same width, front to rear, and parallel to OEM frame. Hood must be enclosed at rear. No inner panels. No car covers. Must have front windshield and rear window support posts. Driver and passenger side windows must have at least 12-inch opening, measured at center of window, between lowest point at top of window, whether roof or roll cage, and highest point at bottom of window, whether interior or body. May use Lexan in opera windows. May use full windshield. Must be fiberglass full size roof, rounded in all directions. No reflective doors or quarter panels. May use spoiler no wider than width of body width and 8 inch maximum height, cannot extend past sides of body. Rear of car may be open.
6. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: Must have minimum three windshield bars in front of driver. Lexan or aluminum cowl panel in front of driver can be no wider than cockpit and no farther back than steering wheel. Minimum .125-inch aluminum, or .060-inch steel, complete floor pan required. Full, high-back, minimum .125-inch thick aluminum seat only. Only holes allowed in seat are for belt, harness and mounting bolts. Must be bolted in next to left side frame rail and ahead of rear tires. Bottom of seat can be no lower than bottom of frame rail. Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine, fuel cell, cannisters and pumps. Interior and cock pit of car may be made of .040 aluminum. Oil coolers must not protrude above interior. Accumulators cannot be mounted between driver and left-side door bars. No devices that would enable driver adjustment to alter wheelbase or for weight jacking while car is in competition. No mirrors or reflective sun visors.
7. FRONT SUSPENSION: All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and replaceable by OEM parts, except: tube-type upper A-frames with or without aluminum or steel cross shaft, and mounts can be moved; OEM replacement stamped steel lower A-frames; lower A-frames must be right and left, and of same design; rubber, nylon or steel lower A-frame bushings, no offset or bearing type; welded or bolted shock mount on lower A-frame. Lower A-frame mounts and bolt holes on frame must be in OEM location. OEM ball joints only. Sway bar must be unaltered OEM.
8. STEERING: All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, except: outer tie rod end and adjustment sleeve may be replaced by a minimum .625-inch steel rod end and steel tube; spindles can be ground for brake caliper clearance only; spindles must be right and left, and of same design; bolt on spindle savers allowed; steel steering shafts and knuckles only; steering quickener, steering wheel and quick release may be aluminum; cockpit steering may be modified, must be kept on left side. No rack and pinion.
9. SHOCKS: One steel non-adjustable, non take-apart, unaltered shock per wheel only. Single-hole shock mounts only. No coil over, air, or remote reservoir shocks. No Schrader valves. Front half may be shielded. 10. SPRINGS: One steel coil or multi-leaf (rear) spring per wheel only. Minimum 5 inch O.D., non-progressive coils only. No torsion bars or air bags.
11. REAR SUSPENSION: Three options: Aftermarket three link design, multi-leaf spring design or OEM design. All components must be steel. All mounts and brackets must be welded or bolted solid. Springs must remain vertical and over center line of rear-end housing. No coil-over eliminators allowed. 1.) Aftermarket three link design requirements: Must use lower control arms. Must use one upper control arm, solid tube only, located at top center of rear end housing and remain centered on housing over drive shaft. Lower spring perch must be welded to rear-end housing. Must use steel upper weight jack. 2.) Multi-leaf spring design requirements: Must use steel multi-leaf springs with no additional suspension components besides one shock per wheel. Adjustable aluminum lowering blocks allowed. 3.) OEM stock design requirements: Rear crossmember, control arm mounts and bolt holes on frame must be in stock location. All components must be unaltered, approved OEM, and match frame. Control arms cannot be altered in any way. Steel, rubber or nylon control arm bushings only. Springs must remain in stock location. Lower spring perch must be welded to rear-end housing. Must use steel upper weight jack.
12. REAR END: Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck non-cambered rear end allowed, must be centered in chassis. All components must be steel, except lowering blocks, axle cap, and drive flange. Safety hubs (floater) allowed. No quick change devices. Inspection hole in housing required. Ring gear, center section and yoke cannot be lightened. Solid steel axles and one piece drive flanges only.
13. BUMPERS: (See diagram) Steel only. Bumpers must be used both front and rear at all times and welded, or mounted with minimum .375-inch bolts. Must be minimum 1.25-inch O.D. tubing, .065 wall thickness on front - .095 wall thickness on rear. Two-bar front bumpers must be mounted frame-end to frame-end, no wider than width of material outside frame horns and with bottom loop parallel to ground. Top bar must be directly above bottom bar, minimum 6.5 inches apart, measured center to center. Rear bumper can be no wider than tires.
14. TIRES/WHEELS: Must use spec. 11 inch maximum Hoosiers only. Softening, conditioning, siping/grinding or grooving of tires is allowed. No wheel adapters, spacers or bleeder valves. External steel bead lock allowed on right rear only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than 8-inches and no wider than 10 inches. One foam or plastic mud cap allowed on right rear only. Must use minimum 1-inch O.D. lug nuts.
15. BRAKES: Must be steel approved OEM, operative four wheel, drum or disc. Must maintain minimum OEM dimensions for hubs/rotors and calipers, cannot be lightened. Bolt pattern may be changed. Larger studs allowed. Rear rotors may be aftermarket, min. 0.810-inch thickness. Vented rotors only, no scalloped rotors. One proportioning device allowed (one-to-one ratio), front to rear only. Brake lines must be visible and must connect directly from master cylinder to calipers with no devices in between. Rear caliper brackets must be welded or bolted solid to rear-end housing. May use aftermarket brake pedals.
16. EXHAUST: Steel or aluminum round tube headers only. All primary header tubes must enter directly into one collector, at same point, at end of header. All exhaust must go through mufflers, two per car, one per header. No exhaust sensors, cross-overs or balance tubes. 17. FUEL SYSTEM: Racing fuel cell required, maximum 33-gallon capacity, must be in minimum18-gauge steel container. Cell must be securely mounted behind rear axle, between rear tires, minimum four inches ahead of bumper, minimum ten inches above ground. Must mount with minimum two .125-inch thick solid steel straps, two inches wide around entire cell. All cell mounts must be steel, securely welded to frame/cage. Protective tubing must cover rear and extend past both sides of cell. No part of cell shall be lower than protective tubing. Fuel cell vents, including cap vent, must have check valves. Pick-up must be on top or right side of cell. Limit of one fuel filter. No cool cans. No top flow air cleaner housings. Mechanical push rod fuel pumps only. Any 4-barrel with or without 1-inch thick, one piece intake to carb spacer. Maximum .100-inch thick carb gaskets only. No adjustable carb spacers.
18. FUEL: Gasoline only, no ethanol. Pump grade recommended. No performance enhancing additives or scented additives. Fuel must pass both dialectric meter and chemical tests. Fuel sample may be taken from any car at any time. Penalty for illegal fuel is disqualification from event and $250 fine - first offense.
19. WEIGHT: Minimum weight limit of 2,850 pounds after race with driver in car. Weights must not be used in driver compartment or outside body. All weights must be securely mounted with at least two, .5-inch bolts, painted white with car number on it. No titanium, magnesium, stainless steel or carbon fiber components. Solid steel fasteners only.
20. BATTERY/STARTER: One conventional, wet-cell, passenger car 12-volt battery only. Must be shielded, securely mounted, between frame rails. Starter must bolt on block in OEM location and directly engage flexplate/flywheel. Must have capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. Must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race.
21. GAUGES /ELECTRONICS: No transmitting or listening devices, timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach). No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except analog tach. No adjustable ignition control boxes. Only one 12-volt ignition box allowed, must be out of driver’s reach. No additional ignition accessories. Only change allowed to ignition box is one high-end rev-limiter. Setting can be changed through one chip only, or an internal setting inside box. No alternators or magnetos. No electronic traction control devices.
22. TRANSMISSION/DRIVE SHAFT: Must have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus neutral position. With motor running and car in still position, must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward. Only OEM production type transmissions allowed - two-speed, three-speed, four-speed and automatic. No five speed (or more) transmissions, ‘in and out’ boxes, or quick change devices allowed. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location. Flywheel/flexplate must be bolted directly to end of crankshaft, and pressure plate must be bolted directly to flywheel/flexplate. One flywheel/flexplate only, and all driveline components within bellhousing must rotate consistent with engine RPM while car is in any gear. Unaltered flexplate must be full, OEM, or OEM replacement. Manual: Must be OEM case and working clutch inside explosion-proof steel bellhousing - minimum 270 degrees around top of clutch/flywheel area.
Automatic: Must remain in OEM appearing automatic case with a functioning OEM appearing pump. Original OEM bellhousing must have an approved scatter shield, constructed of minimum of .125-inch by three-inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate.
Drive Shaft: Minimum 2-inch diameter steel drive shaft, must be painted white with car number clearly added. Steel slip-yokes only. 360-degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least .25-inch by two-inch steel, or one-inch tubing, mounted six inches back from front U-joint.
23. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: Number 1 spark plug must be even or in front of upper ball joint. Frames and crossmembers may not be altered for engine placement. Engine mount holes cannot be removed or altered on engine block. Aftermarket engine mounts allowed. Engine must be OEM appearing, must be able to be used in conventional passenger car without alteration. GM with GM, Ford with Ford, Chrysler with Chrysler. Cooling systems may be modified. Steel or aluminum radiator, and must be mounted in front of engine. Overflow tubes must be directed to ground, between frame rails. Accumulators and Accusumps allowed, but cannot be mounted on door bars.
24. ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS: Engine must match brand of body. Steel heads, block and oil pan only. OEM block only, no aluminum head or blocks, no dry sump or magnetos. Castings and fittings can not be changed, no machine work on outside of engine. No cubic inch limit. May use roller tip rocker arms. OEM cast iron intake or dual plain aluminum intake may be ported / polished. Oil pump must be in stock location and O.E.M.. Aluminum water pumps allowed